Taking care of a family can be hard work even if you are flexible and patient! You can help your family face challenges by managing stress and resolving problems. Taking care of yourself during times of stress can help your family be strong.
- Take quiet time to reenergize: Take a bath, write, sleep, sing, laugh, play, drink a cup of tea.
- Do some physical exercise: Walk, stretch, do yoga, lift weights, dance
- Share your feelings with someone you trust
- Surround yourself with people who support you and make you feel good about yourself
- Take a "timeout" when you feel angry, lonely, hungry or tired
- Use your talents and gifts
- Turn to your personal source of strength like prayer or meditation
- Give yourself permission to ask for help if you need it
Free assessment to discover your strengths
Managing Stress Fact Sheet
Teen Parents You're Not Alone